Friday, August 7, 2009

Ideology of Communism Is Beautiful, The Reality Is Not! (Webct Post)



Let me first state that I do believe Marxism is a beautiful ideology. The idea of
everyone coming together in a community for the common good and
distributing the goods of that community evenly is a noble cause filled
with enormous amounts of integrity and character. For these reasons
alone I respect Karl Marx as much as anyone in history. But there are
some problems that I see with the reality of this.

First where is the accountability for the assets and distribution of
such assets evenly. It says in The Ten Steps of Communism that the state
will handle these affairs. Anthony Garcia, CSUN Critical Theories student,poses the question "Who is watching the watchmen"? Which brings me to my second point.

Greed will eventually rear its ugly head. Greed is a natural instinct
born into every human being . Sharing with one another is a learned
behavior and inevitably someone will want more than their share. What do
we do in that case? Keep starting over and over and over? I said in the
outset that my opinions are cynical and a bit dark. My experience has
been the selfish cream always rises to the top and as much as it pains
me to say, at least if we know the selfishness is out there we can keep
an eye out for it. The motto in a capitalist society is, " he who has
the most wins the game!" At least right now we know what game we are
playing. In a Marxist or Communist society the rules of the game can
change at any moment, but where will the referee be to call the foul?

1 comment:

  1. it was this one...if you go to my page you will see my posting on Marxism. Have a good night!!

    ReplyDelete